Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Mission Accomplished" Five Years From a Foul Lie, Seven Years From The Foulest!

Thursday May 1, will be the fifth anniversary of President Pork Pie's grand lie, proclaimed on a carrier deck that the war in Iraq was over, and our brave men, and women were heading home. I have neither the time or the bit space to go into all the lies that led up to, or proceeded after that obscene piece of grandstanding that put US Naval Personnel in danger, just so President Pork Pie could look all militaristic for the thirty-odd percent of the country that still believe in his bullshit!

We all watched in amazement as he jumped out of his zippy new fighter jet in his snazzy new flight suit, and pronounced a string of lies so profound that it's kept late-night comedians in material for years! We all sat in slack-jawed amazement at the depth, and breadth of these shameless falsehoods concerning what was done, and what was yet to be done.

But the lies I shall address today date from August 21. 2000. And if this certain speech was not so vile in it's falseness, so ridiculously, and patently the opposite of all that was said, as compared to all that was done, it would be the highest comedy! But for the grim truth of the suffering of our Veterans it would be the stuff of mirth undeniable! But the suffering is real, and these words as hollow as gourds on a mid-winter day! Submitted for your assessment is the speech I'm referring to:

"The facts are stark and the facts are real...Our men and women in uniform love their country more than their comfort. They have never failed us, and we must not fail them. But the best intentions and the highest morale are undermined by back-to-back deployments, poor pay, shortages of spare parts and equipment, and rapidly declining readiness."

"...these are signs of a military in decline and we must do something about it. The reasons are clear. Lack of equipment and material. Undermaning of units. Over deployment. Not enough time for family. Soldiers who are on food stamps, and soldiers who are poorly housed. Dick Cheney and I have a simple message today for our men and women in uniform, their parents, their loved ones, their supporters: Help is on the way!"

"A generation shaped by Vietnam must remember the lessons of Vietnam. When America uses force in the world, the cause must be just, the goal must be clear, and the victory must be overwhelming."

"To build morale in today's United States military we must keep faith with those who have worn the uniform in the past. We must keep faith with America's veterans. . . And keeping faith also means giving our veterans first-rate health care and treating the veterans with dignity. . . So chaotic is the process there is now a backlog of nearly one half-million claims. This is no way to treat any citizen, much less a veteran of our armed forces. The veterans health-care system and the claims process will be modernized, so that claims are handled in a fair and friendly way."

"In my Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs will act as an advocate for veterans seeking benefit claims, not act as an adversary. Veterans who once stood in the line of fire to protect our freedom should not have to stand in the line of a bureaucracy that is unwilling to help them in their claims."

---George W. Bush VFW Speech - August 21, 2000

Alright Pork Pie! You actually said something I agree with! Our brave men and women are suffering! Homeless, indigent, untreated, and unmedicated! NOW GET OFF YOUR CORN FED ASS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!! KEEP YOUR WORD TO AMERICA'S BRAVEST AND BEST!!! KEEP YOUR WORD TO THEIR ORPHANS AND WIDOWS!!!!! Or are you the liar that I proudly, loudly, and unashamedly pronounce you to be?

Oh Yea! McCain? Read your watered down version of the GI Bill: BULLSHIT!!! OUR BEST, AND BRAVEST DESERVE MORE!!!! ALL WRONG, FUCK STICK!!! DO IT AGAIN!!!!! And THIS time get it right!!!!!

9 comments:

PetitPoix said...

This post is very poignant. I saw you on You Tube and I am happy you did not curse at all on You Tube. Sometime your "rage" gets scary. I once got scared and retracted a post on another blog after you posted. But now that I have read a few of your rages I realize that it is just your style.

stoney13 said...

Fabiana,

I'm an old sailor. When an old sailor gets good and pissed, he does what an old sailor does!

I'm not here to intimidate anyone. I'm just a veteran who's good and pissed at the way my brothers and sisters in arms are getting screwed by an administration that promised NOT to do the very thing that they are doing now!

You have nothing to fear from me.

Anonymous said...

Amen.I don't know about your "rage",but where is everybody else's? How can a country treat its vets like "we" do? Why the F not a new GI Bill? String military people along with promises and never pay them hoping they die first?Punish survivors? I have long had the suspicion the government's seeming contempt for vets is rooted in their dissappointment they had the nerve to survive war. Am I way off base? Bush claims he has sacrificed the most?--head exploding....Hmmmmmm...pork pie(Homer drooling)

Anonymous said...

Stoney,

And now you see the true face of a fascist government. It ain't pretty. Hell man, if they treat the people that enforce their crazy schemes this way, what do you think they are going to do with the civilians and the old vets? I rather suspect it is all going to plan, whatever it is. But we can bank on it not being good for anyone outside of the beltway.

Anonymous said...

It's a travesty,Stoney. The extended deployments, the rancid Halliburtan food that cost a fortune, the billions of dollars funneled into the pockets of the war profiteers while our veterans get moldy hospital rooms and denied services. And then the depleted uranium ammo that gets fragmented and breathed by one and all and leads to lifetimes of sickness and deterioration. Who but the desperate or the naive would join up anymore? The endless lying and deception that takes advantage of a person's sense of patriotism or hope of building a better life for themselves and others is the most reprehensible betrayal. Shame on this administration and shame on the Congress.
NO INCUMBENTS IN 2008!!

Tom Degan said...

Hey there, Stoney!
Love the new look of THE RAGE! Much more reader friendly and LOUD!!!!

By the way, what's this about you on YOU TUBE? Can you send me a link?

All the best,
Tom Degan

stoney13 said...

Tom,

Sent you an address. Everybody else, just go onto the comment board on "Blight on America's Soul Part 2" and check the comment from Jack Taylor. Cut and paste the You Tube Address to your address bar, and there I'll be to infest your monitor direct from scenic, and historic Hendersonville, North Carolina, which Wikkipedia once thought was entirely populated by monkeys.

stoney13 said...

Derek,

I think that even Homer Simpson would draw the line at so foul a feast! Al Bundy would scarf it down in a second, but not Homer!

Maybe if you frosted it and shaped it like donut!

stoney13 said...

Montana Freeman,

Look man, it's nothing to sweat! Just spend about a week with the kid, and smoke about a lid of the really GOOD shit with him!

Then you take him to town so he can ask the recruiter for a blow job! BELEVE ME! He'll be back home in an hour, and they won't fuck with you no more!!

Kinda like the "D.A.R.E" T-shirt I wear to jury duty that says "Drugs Are Really Excelent". If they STILL want me on the damned thing, I just hang the sucker up! If everybody that smokes pot would hang the jury on marijauna cases, pot would be legal by now!

About Me

My photo
Well!! I'm not here to be on anybody's side! I DON'T like George W. Bush and I will NOT call the bastard president! I'll call him President Pork Pie, but that is about as close as it gets! I'm not here to comfort the afflicted, but to afflict the comfortable! I learned a long time ago, that if you can make somebody laugh and think at the same time, they'll learn something! I'm trying to teach the American Public that there is another point of view out there, beside the Right Wing's This country's on a greased chute to Hell with Bush as it's Captain! I for one will not sit idley by while he drives the land that I love into the ground! This is my gift to this country. Maybe it's a little crude at times, maybe, it's a little rude at times! But in my world, rude and crude works! I'll post what I damn well please here and invite people to post comments the same way! Rant all you want!! I do! Freedom of Speech is the order of the day here! Like it? Let me know! Don't like it? Let me know! Silence me? AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! So welcome one and all to STONEY'S RAGE!! It's all for America! I don't make a dime off it! And I won't have it any other way!